Thursday 19 March 2015

The debate for not filming the tent scene

I have been debating whether or not I should film the tent scene because of scheduling issues with the actors. I thought that the scene was not essential to the horror and it's absence could lead to a more mysterious narrative as well as better fitting the quota of a film close to 5 minutes. I was set on this idea until I received feedback from my target audience. They stated that the film did not make sense in the way I had wanted it to, as they didn't know a lot about the legend, so there was seemingly no ambiguity as to whether or not the antagonist was feral or a ghost, which is established in the tent scene. The tent scene also shows Alice being killed, which could have been left to the audience's imagination, but the group wanted to have the closure as to whether she survived or not, given that they know none of the others did. I have decided to take the audience feedback on board and will film the scene as soon as I can get them all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment