Wednesday 4 March 2015

First edit

The King's Corpse from Sam SheepDawg-OEight on Vimeo.

With the footage I have filmed so far, I put together a rough cut of the film. The piece flows really well and I really like the scenes in the woods, but there is one major concern. The film is eight and a half minutes long, which goes way beyond the brief's five minute constraint. I did not create an animatic for this, so I thought the film would be considerably shorter. This is an issue as I still have scenes to film and put in, which will only add length to the film. I will therefore have to be brutal with scenes, cutting out a lot of the exchange between the characters at the beginning, which is a shame as I feel they are essential in establishing the characters, and therefore caring about them more when they die. This means Ali's spike through the jaw is less significant, as the audience won't fully get that he is a loudmouth that annoys everyone. This is however, necessary and I will try my best to pick out the key points and fit them in somehow, rather than the extended scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment