Wednesday 26 November 2014

Casting: Adam and Andy

We received multiple local applications for the killer, The ones that stood out were Adam and Andy. Adam is in his twenties which was ideal as we need pictures of the killer before he became feral, so someone young would be great for the shots we need of him in the 80's. The problem with Adam was that he'd not been in any previous productions, whereas Andy, a man in his forties had been, so I assumed he was going to be better, but I sent over a script of what I wanted them to say and asked them to record audio. Adam embraced the mindset of the character and sounded angry whilst pronouncing the words very well. Andy's accent was good, but he didn't seem angry and the content requires it. 


This is the text that I sent them both, along with the part of the wife to establish the scene. The Murderer: Ok, snakke (phonetically: Okay, snok-yeah.)okay speakWife: (Through tears.) I don't know what you want me to say.The Murderer: Jeg vil ha en tilståelse (phonetically: Yaig vi-eye-en tay-stol-sah)I wan't a confessionWife: I told you before, I don't -(He slaps her. She yelps.)The Murderer: Prøv å tilstå, min kjærlighet (phonetically Proov-or-tilstor, min shaliet.)try to confess, my loveThe wife shivers a stutters for a while, trying to think up a fake confession. Wife: Just let me go. I won't tell anyone about any of this if you- (He slaps her.)The Murderer: Ingenting å si ? (phonetically: ing-eng-ting or see?)Nothing to say?Wife: (whispering.) I don't.. I can't... I'm sorryThere is a loud bang as of him hitting her fatally and her chair falling to the floor. There is then just static until the sound of footsteps grow closer to the recorder and it is picked up and turned off.
I have spoken to him further about the role and will be meeting with him on thursday to further brief and assess him to see if he is right for the role.

This is the response that Adam sent me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p24oxpk3fqxe3qe/Starnow.mp3?dl=0



No comments:

Post a Comment