Thursday 2 October 2014

Audition: Justin/Casting development

Justin
Through the website StarNow, I have had numerous applications for the roles. One of which that stood out to me the most was Justin Eade, a local acting teacher that was very interested in the script. He was extremely enthusiastic about the parts of Ray and Trevor and I think he fits the part of Trevor rather well and as we have had a lot of applications for the part of Ray, I would like to try out as many people as possible. Whilst I have requested videos from the others who love further away, I feel an audition is the best way to cast and for all those that are local, will encourage they go through the audition process. We decided on Monday 6th to meet up, audition him and possibly walk through the locations within the woods we intend to film to get a picture of the aesthetic.

I have attracted 13 applications including Justin for the various roles, and I have received messages back from several of them expressing their interest
and willingness to travel, all of which are pictured below with the parts they auditioned for.
               

Ten, applying for Alice
Alessandro, applying for Ray
Lewis, applying for Ray
              
                 William, applying for Trevor
I would like to speak with some applicants to see if they would switch parts. For example, I believe that Ten would   play Tracy excellently and we have other applicants for Alice. The            casting page will remain active until late october so I should hopefully      continue to attract applicants.                                                                           

1 comment:

  1. can you add refelctive comments please - what are your reasons for assigning each to different roles? Discuss representation in terms of audience genre pleasures and industry expectations/conventions of your genre

    ReplyDelete